1.How do I register myself for the event?
- Check the slots availability for the events you are interested to join with us. We will advise you to make the payment (RSVP does not confirms your event registration)
2. How do I know what fitness level needed for each hike?
- Every event we have the trail grading and stated the fitness required for each event. If you are unsure do ask us
3. What are the gears needed for the event?
- Every event we have stated what do bring based on the activity of the event. If you are unsure do ask us
4.Can I just pay cash on the event day directly and signup for the event?
- NO, we do not accept cash payment on the event spot. You need to make payment as per the event details prior to the event start date
5.Are there shower facilities after hike?
- NO, not all the events have shower facilities after the hike. Some do have but it won’t be the same like in your house. Most of the time there will be basic wash up and clean up. Some events we drive to the nearby R&R facilities at the highway
Refund/Cancellation/No Show up Policy:
As now a day most of the events need to be applied permits especially in Malaysia do read the below guidelines if you need to sign up for the event:
1.Can I cancel my reservation and get a refund once the payment is made?
- For event where permits are required, Once the permit is applied we would not be able to refund the amount, neither can be transfer to other person or the amount can be used for any other event. It shall be forfeited if you cancel the reservation. For events where permit is not required do check out Terms & Conditions on the cancellation policy.
2.What If I fall sick before the event? Can I get refund or transfer to other events?
- For event where permits are required, Once the permit is applied we would not be able to refund the amount, neither can be transfer to other person nor the amount can be used for any other event. It shall be forfeited if you cancel the reservation. But for event where on permits needed you can transfer you reservation to other member one day before the event and update us on the change of name.
3.On the event day, what if I show up late at the meet up point?
- We do not wait for late comers at the meet up point. We would assume your reservation to be forfeited when you don’t show up on time for the event. No refunds will be allowed.
4.What if my fitness does not meet the requirement of the hike on the day?
- If you are unable to hike up with the group at the pace and if too slow for that hike we would need to ask you to detour back for safety reasons. You need to comply with the trek leader/guides instructions. Failing to do so shall be removed from the group for future hiking.
- SGTREK will not be liable for any delay in, change to or cancellation of Tours due to ‘Force Majeure’. ‘Force Majeure’ means a circumstance beyond the reasonable control of the Provider and includes, but is not limited to, war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, disease, industrial or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and strikes. No refunds shall be made for the deposit or payment made in such scenarios.
- SGTREK operates trips in regions where standards of accommodation, transport, safety, hygiene, medical facilities and other infrastructure may, at times, not be of the standard that You are used to at home.
- You are responsible for ensuring that You have adequately and appropriately prepared (both physically and mentally) for the Tour. It is Your responsibility to advise to SGTREK of any pre-existing medical condition and/or disability that might reasonably be expected to increase the risk of You requiring medical attention, or that might affect the normal conduct of a Tour and the enjoyment of other trip members.
- You may be requested by SGTREK to provide an assessment of Your medical condition from a qualified medical practitioner. If no assessment is provided to SGTREK, SGTREK reserves the right, in its reasonable discretion, to cancel Your booking and refund the money paid by You, less any unrecoverable costs.
- You warrant to SGTREK that you:
a) are and will continue to be in good physical and mental health and are fit and able to participate in the Tour and all of the activities to be undertaken as part of the Tour;
b) not a danger to yourself or any Tour participant or any of the Provider’s employees or suppliers; and
c) do not suffer from any medical condition which may prevent You from undertaking the Tour, including, but not limited to, epilepsy, dizziness, limb or back injury, angina or other heart condition, severe or uncontrolled asthma, visual impairment, depression or recovering from recent surgery.
- SGTREK reserves the right to terminate Your participation in a Tour at any time, including after the commencement of Your Tour, with no right of refund, if Your medical condition and/or disability could be reasonably expected to affect the normal conduct of the Tour and the enjoyment of other Tour members.
More of the SGTREK TERMS & CONDITIONS : http://www.sgtrek.com/terms-conditions/